|How many of these boxes can I fit in my suitcase?|
Here are some random thoughts to tie you over until I get my focus back:
- My plane ticket back to the mother-ship has been purchased. My year of living dangerously ends June 18th. Check out the cool countdown clock on the right that Edie helped me with. Ask me how do I feel, little me with my quiet upbringing? And I'd have to say, I am not sure, Sky, not sure how I feel.
- In Spain, there is an abundance of cookies called "Digestives." I know it sounds like some kind of laxative product, but it's actually just a really good graham cracker. The orange flavored ones (pictured above) are my favorite. Sylvester Graham promoted the square crackers with his name in the 1820s as an essential part of a temperance lifestyle. Perhaps the solution to all the prison problems I have been deliberating is to get these little round pieces of happiness on the commissary menu....
- Let's hear it for the Nutmeg State! Connecticut repealed its death penalty this Spring. There are now 17 US States without capital punishment. Instead of being sentenced to death, people convicted of capital offenses in CT will be held for the rest of their lives in a very intense kind of solitary confinement. 22 hours a day in the cell, no contact visits, no nada. We'll see how the ACLU feels about that. Kind of creepy and torture-like, but I am not completely sure what alternative I would like to suggest. Capital offenses are very creepy and torture-like crimes. Let me think about it and get back to you.
- If I had a dollar for every soccer game that my son and husband have to see, I'd be a very rich woman. If my son and husband had a dollar for every silly TV series I have to see, they'd be very rich boys. We'll call it even.
- There is an alarm clock/watch/iPod/cell phone alarm that goes off every night at midnight in our apartment. The first few days I followed the noise and tried to find the source. Now, I just lie very still and listen until it stops. Live and let live.